You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘handmade’ tag.
We’re holding a Flash Sale from now until midnight Thursday! Swing by the Pierogi Picnic Etsy shop and take 30% off your entire purchase by using coupon code “flash2014″.
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day – and all the warm fuzzy feelings that we incur thanks to it – we’re happy to announce our fourth annual Everyday Beauty Contest! This annual Pierogi Picnic tradition encourages you – our fans, supporters and cheerleaders – to show us what you find beautiful in your day to day life.
What: Everyday Beauty Photo Contest
How: Post your photo to the Pierogi Picnic Facebook Page
When: February 7th-February 14th
Prizes: $40 Pierogi Picnic Gift Certificates
Two winners: Most Likes + Best Photo
To take part in this year’s contest, head over to the Pierogi Picnic Facebook page and post your favorite photo that captures this year’s theme: hearts! After uploading your pic you’ll want to share it with friends and family in the hopes of landing lots of likes. The photo with the most likes by midnight on February 14th will be declared the winner! We’ll also choose a second pic as “Best Photo” – so you have two shots at landing a prize!
So start going through your photos and get to posting one today! The sooner you post, the more opportunities you’ll have to gather up votes.
Nothing feels better to me than getting lost in piles of fabric, color and texture on an early Saturday morning. With my goblins at my feet and a steamy earl grey on my desk, I spent hours upon hours this past weekend sewing up a storm. The result?! Awesomeness of course!
Focusing in on a unique color palette for spring, the new Pierogi Picnic collection is relying heavily on neutrals unexpectedly combined with bright metallics. Curious to see how things are turning out? Then stay tuned! I’m hosting a photo session to show off the new pieces later this month!
Just a couple weeks back much of the Midwest was engulfed in what was dubbed the “polar vortex”. With temperatures dipping down as far as negative 19 in Chicago-land, it was more important than ever to layer up to keep warm. And that’s exactly what I had to do along with millions of other folks. Slipping into layer upon layer of tights, leggings and socks, it suddenly hit me – I need some old-fashioned legwarmers! So I grabbed an old sweater and got to crafting. Within twenty minutes I was cozied up and ready to hit the great and frigid outdoors.
If you’ve been battling to keep your legs warm this season – give this easy tutorial a try! All you need is a pair of scissors, needle, thread and a chunky knit sweater. If you have any mismatched buttons lying around grab those too for added embellishment. In just a half hour or less you’ll be on your way to a toastier, and more eco-chic you!
- Pick out a vintage or gently used sweater that you’d like to transform.
- Cut off both sleeves – leaving the original seams on the torso. Save the extra fabric to make a pillow or skirt.
- Roll the raw edge until you have a double fold.
- Grab your needle and thread to hem the fold. Start with two regular loop stitches.
- After making the second, pull your needle through the stitch’s loop.
- Pull taught and move on to the next stitch, repeating the process. This is called the “lock stitch” method.
- Grab a handful of mismatched buttons.
- Sew the first button onto the original sleeve hem – not the lock-stitched one you just created.
- Add more buttons and repeat on other legwarmer.
And there you have it! In just a handful of minutes you’ll find yourself donning an adorable and toasty pair of hand-crafted legwarmers! Layer them over a pair of leggings and tall boots or transform your favorite flats into winter-ready apparel. Should your one-of-a-kind accessories get dirty, simply hand wash them in the sink with your favorite eco-safe detergent and set them out to dry.
This is a Pierogi Picnic first!
Starting on Sunday, January 12th through Saturday, January 18th, we’ll be holding a BOGO Sale in the Pierogi Picnic Etsy shop! Not familiar with the term? It means Buy One Get One Free! That’s right. For every item you purchase you can add a second item to the cart for free!
Have we lost our minds?! How could we be offering such a good deal? Here’s our reasoning: It’s the New Year and we have a lot of old designs that we’d love to send along to permanent homes to make way for the Spring collection. So by participating in the BOGO sale you’re actually doing us a favor!
Sale terms: To qualify all purchases must be made between 1/12-1/18. The second item must be chosen from the designated BOGO category within the Pierogi Picnic Etsy shop and the buyer must complete the transaction as normal. Once we see your purchase come through – we’ll refund you for the BOGO item – and wallah! You’ll be on your way to handmade nirvana.
Questions about the sale? Send us an email! email@example.com
With half of the nation in a deep freeze this week – I thought it appropriate to bring you a collection of goodies that will having you feeling warm and toasty in no time!
These beautifully crafted items were all hand-selected by me to help you think cozy thoughts in these blistering winter temps. So stop what you’re doing, grab a warm beverage, and explore the sites of these talented artisans. I guarantee that you’ll like what you find!
p.s. If you’re already gift-hunting for Valentine’s Day – this collection should give you some great ideas!
- Handmade Boots by Rita J Felt
- Warm Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub by Blackberry Ranch
- Couples Hand-Holding Mitten by With Love From Emma
- Knitted Ear Warmers by Yes Jess
- Organic Fair Trade Drinking Chocolate by Flying Bird Botanicals
- Goat’s Milk, Cocoa Butter, Oatmeal Bath Bombs by Kissmibella
- Winter Scenery Art Print by Malobi
- Heart Knit Boot Cuffs by Senur Sasa
- Whipped Shea, Mango and Cocoa Butter by Fatty’s Soap Company
- Knit Hand Muff by Ovinity
- Spicy Chocolate Truffles by Epic Edibles
- Minimalist Winter Wall Decor by Raceytay
- Rose Vanilla Cuticle Cream by Swamp Angel
- Knitted Cosby Skirt by Pierogi Picnic
- Scalloped Fingerless Gloves by Cookieletta
- Pocket Hand Warmers by Worme Wool