January - Merger of the Pierogi Picnic blog and .com
April – Development of new swimwear line
June - “Meet the Models” series begins; Featured on Style Network
August - Fall fashion creation bonanza; Renegade prep party
October - Winter fashions released
November -DIY Trunk Show; Featured in Ecouterre
December - Holiday Renegade Craft Fair; Hit my Etsy sales goal with a week to spare!
- I consolidated my blog and website – creating a new way to interface with fans and customers. The new site has also become the perfect one-stop shop for posting new designs, contests, promotions and business tips.
- My creation process evolved and became much more methodical – creating samples of designs, photographing them, and then making items on-demand. This really improved my efficiency but also enabled me to make things custom for more of my customers. Who wouldn’t want a dress to their exact dimensions?! Plus, this means I’m no longer clogging my storage with designs that aren’t moving.
- In 2011 I finally learned to say ‘no.’ Not to things, projects and orders I didn’t want to do – but to things I knew I wouldn’t have time to do to well. Though it was sometimes difficult turning down an offer (like participating in Chicago’s fashion week) I think knowing my own limits saved me from potential debacles. Also, it clarified where I should be focusing my efforts so that next time around I can say ‘yes’ to some things spontaneously.
- I finally allowed myself to collaborate. This was huge for me! The ultimate control freak – I let my guard down to work with others, style projects, share my knowledge, and buddy up for shows – allowing me to grow in more ways than I thought possible and loving every moment of it!
- 2011 was the year for the color green. Admittedly, not my favorite shade, but order after order after order green was the trending hue for custom listings. I’m curious to see what 2012′s shade will be!
2012 is upon us – and with it will come a slew of unforeseen challenges and successes. I’ll be drafting my indie biz resolutions over the weekend and will share them Monday. Until then – relish the last 48 hours of 2011!